For Dev channel users in the Windows Insider project, the Microsoft development team today released a preview version of Windows 11 Build 22499. In this update, users are allowed to directly share open application windows on the taskbar to Microsoft Teams calls. In addition, today, Microsoft also released the ISO image file of Build 22499.
Windows 11 Build 22499 preview version update content
Directly share the open application window on the taskbar to Microsoft Teams call
In the version released last week, Microsoft introduced the ability to quickly mute/unmute Microsoft Teams conference calls directly from the taskbar. Today, Microsoft announced the expansion of this experience to be able to directly share the open application windows on the taskbar to Microsoft Teams calls.
This experience, also started with Microsoft Teams, eliminates the need to flip back and forth between applications in order to share or re-share a window. There is no interference with your meeting platform or what they see on the screen-share any open windows in your phone.
When you make a conference call through Microsoft Teams, just hover your mouse over the running application on the taskbar, and you will see a new button that allows you to share your window with the conference platform. When you finish sharing your content, hover your mouse over the window again and click to stop sharing, or select another window and click to share this window. If you are making a full-screen presentation in PowerPoint, just move the mouse to the bottom and your taskbar will pop up so that you can share or stop sharing the presentation without affecting the attendees.
Microsoft is beginning to roll out this experience to Windows Insiders users who have installed Microsoft Teams for Work or School, and gradually roll it out over time. This means that not everyone can see this feature right away in their Teams call. Microsoft plans to introduce this feature into chats in Microsoft Teams (Microsoft Teams for the family) later.
Changes and improvements
According to feedback, Microsoft is making the keyboard focus visual effects in Task View and Alt + Tab more prominent, so they are easier to see.
Windows 11 Build 22499.1000 preview version fixes
● Once you enter this version, the clipboard history should resume normal operation.
● Clicking on gifs in the emoji panel will now insert them into the supported applications, which is different from the previous version.
● Updated background dictionaries in several languages-text suggestions and automatic corrections on the touch keyboard should now be more accurate.
● If you change the color of your accent, the accent in the emoji panel should now also be changed instead of staying on the original color.
● Fixed an IME crashing problem, which sometimes happens to people who choose to use the previous version of Pinyin IME.
● Alleviated the recent crash of explorer.exe related to the use of the touch keyboard.
● Fixed the problem that explorer.exe would crash if you press ALT+F4 while ALT+Tab is open
● Fixed a setting crash that may occur when trying to check the remote sound properties when accessing the computer through the remote desktop.
● Fixed some clipping/unexpected scaling when passing OOBE on some ultra-wide monitors.
● When your fingerprint is not recognized on the login screen, the apostrophe in the error message should now be displayed correctly.
● When you press the New button in the Snipping Tool to take a screenshot of the UWP application, once the screenshot is completed, the Snipping Tool should enter the foreground.
● Fixed the bug that caused some Insider PCs to perform error checking when coming out of sleep recently, and the error message “SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED” appeared.
● Fixed a possible deadlock related to MediaPlaybackCommandManager, causing some applications to sometimes fail to play media.
● Fixed an issue that caused the report in the reliability monitoring to unexpectedly become blank when viewing more information, with only an empty rectangle.
● Some work has been done to help solve the problem that causes some games to have some lags, these lags are only noticeable when the window is in focus. As a reminder, if necessary, please refer to the following documents to submit actionable game perf feedback.