In previous article, I taught you How to install Windows Subsystem for Android beta in Windows 11, and in this article, I will show you how to install local Android apk files under Windows Subsystem for Android in Windows 11.
You see, there are a little Android apps that are listed in Amazon Appstore, no frequently used apps, such as Tiktok, Wechat or other apps I used a lot. So let’s see the way to install those APK files in Windows 11 Android system.
- Install ADB files.
- You can download ADB files at https://adbinstaller.com/, platform tools.
- Extract the zipped file to somewhere that you won’t forget. For example, I extract it to “D:\apk” folder.
- Right click “This PC” on Windows 11 desktop, choose Properties. And click “Advanced system settings”
- Click Environment Variables
- Add a new “Path”, which value is the path of the extracted adb folder where adb.exe is.
- Click OK, and close Properties.
2. Enable Developer mode in Windows Subsystem for Android
You’ll see there is a connection IP address, remember that.
3, Install local APK files manually in Windows 11 Command
Use the following code to connect the Android subsystem
adb connect 127.0.0.1:58526
And use the following code to install local APK
adb install .\apkname.apk
Seconds later, the command will tell you that the installation of APK file is success. Then press Win key and you’ll see the installed Android app in Start.
And you can finally run local APK files by this way all the time.