This article teaches you how to fix Windows 11 update failure problem. Follow the tutorial, you will learn the solution for Windows 11 update failure error.
As the Windows 11 operating system turns to be the most popular system, and Microsoft keeps sending the updates, bringing more and more features. But when you are updating Windows 11, you may meet Windows 11 update failure, so that the update will fail. How to solve the update failure problem? Let me show you three ways to fix.
Solution I – Delete Windows 11 update cache files
- We need to shut down the Windows Update service. Right click on Start menu, Choose “Computer Management” – “Services and Applications” – “Services”. Find the Windows Update service in list and turn it off.
2. Then we shall delete the cache files. Open C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution (If C drive is your system partition), delete all files in Download and DataStore folders.
3. After the deletion, turn back to the first step, and active Windows Update service again.
Solution II – Active services like BITS
If the first solution doesn’t work, you can try the following way: Ensure that BITS, Windows Update, Windows Installer and Software Protections services are active. If some of them aren’t active, then enable them.
- Still right click on Start menu, Choose “Computer Management” – “Services and Applications” – “Services”.
- Double click on the “BITS”, “Cryptographic Services”, “Software Protection”, “Windows Installer”, “Windows Update”, ensure that they are running.
- Turn active of every upper service, try to see if Windows 11 update works or not.
Solution III – Restore Windows 11 update feature
If there is any problem in Windows 11 Update, you can’t update Windows 11. Then try to fix Windows Update now.
- Press “Win” key to call Windows 11 Start Menu, and search Terminal(If you installed, otherwise it should be CMD)
- Right click on the Terminal and choose “Run as Administrator”
3. Copy and paste following code to run(press Enter key). It costs minutes to scan and fix Windows 11 Update problems until you get the message “The restore operation completed successfully.”.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
And then right click on Start menu, Choose “Computer Management” – “Services and Applications” – “Services”. Find the Windows Update service in list and turn it on.
You will be able to update Windows 11 now.